Quaintise developed a health and wellness public relations and marketing campaign that utilized article placement and promotion to increase social media engagement and establish the client’s industry-leading eating disorder expertise. The campaign yielded nearly 800,000 article impressions and over 6,000 social engagements. It also established more than 80 relationships with local newspapers, and health and wellness media contacts.
About Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders
A fully accredited and licensed hospital located in the Arizona desert, Rosewood has provided comprehensive care for all stages of eating disorder recovery since 2007. At Rosewood, patients with eating disorders benefit from innovative therapies, a multidisciplinary team, dedicated aftercare, alumni support and family/professional involvement. The center’s clinical activities are led by Clinical Director Dena Cabrera, Psy.D., CEDS.
- Develop a national and locally focused public relations strategy and a robust implementation plan.
- Rise above competitors who were utilizing public relations effectively.
- Find a Los Angeles public relations agency that could utilize connections with local media outlets.
- Make Dr. Cabrera a more recognizable expert in her field.
- Quaintise conducted a comprehensive brand and media audit, which included:
- Interviewing Rosewood executives, doctors and staff to identify brand strategy challenges and opportunities to increase market share.
- Performing a high-level analysis of Rosewood’s position in the competitive landscape.
- Developing a targeted media list and a media pitch for article placements.
- Quaintise executed a strategic public relations and marketing plan, which included:
- Writing articles and securing media coverage in local newspapers and targeted health and wellness media publications.
- Promoting articles using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Outbrain.
- Developing key relationships with prominent healthcare media editors, journalists and publications to position Rosewood as an expert voice on eating disorder issues.
In the first four months, Quaintise successfully:
- Secured media placements in four publications:
- Achieved the following metrics:
new media contacts
in eating disorder
- Introduced opportunities for featured articles in other publications, including Cosmopolitan,Seventeen, The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Yahoo Beauty and Yahoo Health.
- Positioned Rosewood’s specialists as industry experts in eating disorder management and established its facility as the preferred treatment center for eating disorders in Arizona.
Quaintise developed a medical marketing plan outlining eight steps to reaching the drug and alcohol rehab audience in California. It incorporated a detailed analysis of culture, competitor analysis, brand audit, and key opportunities for engagement.
About Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is the nation’s largest nonprofit treatment provider, with a legacy that began in 1949 and includes the 1982 founding of the Betty Ford Center.The organization offers healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs.
- The treatment centers in California reported a diminishing number of patients. The audience in California wasn’t responding to nationwide marketing campaigns.
- Since the 2014 merger with Hazelden, a leading addiction treatment provider, the Betty Ford Center brand needed to be reinforced.
To address these healthcare marketing challenges, the client wanted to:
Quaintise conducted an in-depth brand audit and developed a brand positioning strategy, which included:
- Analyzing the California marketplace, considering the culture, competitive landscape and competitor marketing strategies.
- Reviewing treatments and services at the Betty Ford Center at Rancho Mirage and in West Los Angeles.
- Identifying brand image issues fueling the target audience’s misconceptions of the center.
- Finding key opportunities to capitalize on holistic approaches and science-based models, trendy therapy programs, Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) model promotion and social media engagement.
- Selecting health and wellness marketing strategies specific to the California market.
U.S. State-Approved Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Quaintise devised an eight-step strategic marketing plan, spanning a one-year, four-phase roadmap:
Are you ready to achieve your business goals in the treatment and recovery industry?