Quaintise, a marketing and branding agency, based in Santa Monica, CA is looking for a multi-disciplined Junior Art Director / Graphic Designer to join our creative team!
As a boutique branding, marketing, advertising agency, focusing primarily on healthcare and wellness clients, our projects range from branding to website/app design to print, digital and video/TV advertising, and more. This position will support and sometimes lead the execution of a variety of campaign pieces. Tasks will include original designs/layouts, execution of mechanicals, working directly with vendors for production, working directly with our Creative Director on day-to-day projects, and other supporting tasks.
This is a contract-based freelance, off-site position. You are not required to come to our Santa Monica offices, but you do need to be available during the work day for multiple phone calls, emails, video meetings, and online chat with our team.
To learn more about Quaintise, our work and our clients visit our website at Quaintise.com.
- A strong portfolio that showcases a variety of both print and digital design – Examples of logo designs, print ads, posters, websites (front-end and UX/UI), web banner design, app design and the like. A clean, simple and refined design aesthetic is important!
- Highly knowledgeable in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong typographic experience
- Excellent skills in photo manipulation and composition
- An understanding of HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, Java, Flash etc. is a PLUS!
- Self-motivated and works well both alone and with others
- Comfortable working for a small company with a small team (meaning you’ll play a big role!)
- Strong communication skills, a problem solver, and embraces constructive criticism
- Ability to multi-task and balance more than one project/client at a time
- Creative, enthusiastic, and takes direction well
You MUST be able to work in a very fast-paced environment and be able to take feedback and creative direction from our Creative Director efficiently and turn work around quickly. This role will require you to communicate multiple times a day virtually with our Creative Director by phone and email and you must be able to work in an intense and fast-paced environment while taking direction and feedback well.
Responsibilities change as projects change, so the ability to adapt is a must. You should be comfortable having direct phone / video / online chat contact with our internal team. This is a unique opportunity for a Junior Art Director / Graphic Designer to grow and learn.
While this will start out as a contract based, freelance position, it will likely lead to full time work. Employees receive many benefits, from flexible schedule, to paid holidays, and a 3-month paid maternity leave.
Only Apply IF:
- You can submit a strong portfolio that showcases your clean and aesthetic design
- You have strong typography experience
- You have excellent skills with photo manipulation and composition