In healthcare marketing, it can be difficult to determine exactly where to spend your marketing budget. Banner ads? Social media marketing? Facebook ads? Youtube videos? Billboards? In-office flyers? Print ads? I mean, the list of marketing avenues is endless and overwhelming. At Quaintise, the leading healthcare marketing agency in Los Angeles and Scottsdale, our marketing experts appreciate what each avenue and medium has to offer, as well as each medium’s weaknesses.
By the Numbers
Of course, the first step in any healthcare marketing campaign is to analyze the numbers, and a healthcare marketing agency must appreciate where the CTR is high, and where it’s a waste of marketing budget.
New research has shown that banner ads are not as effective as they once were. Check out these 10 Shocking But True Display Advertising Stats from Hubspot.com:
- You are more likely to complete NAVY SEAL training than click a banner ad.(Source: Solve Media)
- Only 8% of internet users account for 85% of clicks on display ads (and some of them aren’t even humans!). (Source: comScore)
- You are more likely to get a full house while playing poker than click on a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)
- The average person is served over 1,700 banner ads per month. Do you remember any? (Source: comScore)
- You are more likely to summit Mount Everest than click a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)
- The average clickthrough rate of display ads is 0.1%. (Source: DoubleClick)
- You are more likely to birth twins than click a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)
- About 50% of clicks on mobile ads are accidental. (Source: GoldSpot Media)
- You are more likely to get into MIT than click a banner ad. (Source: Solve Media)
- You are more likely to survive a plane crash than click on a banner ad. (Source:Solve Media)
Additionally, according to a comScore, an amazing 54 percent of digital display ads are never seen by consumers. Solve Media points out that you are more likely to survive a rattlesnake bite then intentionally click on a mobile ad – 116 times more likely.
Unfortunately, social media click-through-rates in advertising are not much better. The average click-through-rate for a Facebook ad in the healthcare industry is 0.43%, and it will cost you $0.36 per click.
Where Quaintise Does Advertising Better
In an industry where the average Click-Through-Rate is under 0.50%, Quaintise takes client campaigns to the next level. Don’t let the numbers above discourage you from integrating social media marketing into your ad campaigns. In fact, the average CTR for Quaintise client campaigns is well above the industry average.
How is that possible when the average CTR in the health industry is only 0.43%? Specialized segmenting.
Segmenting in Advertising
If you want high Click-Through-Rates and incredible ROI, segment your audience, then segment that demographic again. Quaintise expert advertising and social media professionals have an inherent sixth sense when it comes to segmenting an audience and targeting advertising based on that demographics’ interests and motivations.
One of the most importance and influential aspects of Facebook Advertising is the option called Precise Interests. This is where segmenting your audience will come in to play.
Sure, you can segment your audience based on sex and age – the usual and basic elements. Additionally, you can segment your Facebook audience by their interests.
For example, consider what TV shows your audience watches, what magazines they read, movies they like, organizations they belong to, clothing stores they shop at, grocery stores they frequent, leisure activities they enjoy, foods they eat, type of car they drive, and so much more.
Take the different segments you’ve created and run targeted, separate ads to each segment. For example, if you have a segmented demographic that enjoys football, outdoors, is pregnant and looking for new parenting information, run a targeted ad with a specific image relevant to that audience. In the same campaign, segment a demographic that is also pregnant and looking for new parenting information but is interested in nursery decorating, interior design and a good book. These two segments are essentially of the same demographic, same age, same sex, same needs, but different interests and so you’d run two different ads relevant to each segment.
Sound confusing or overwhelming? Let the experts at Quaintise take your digital advertising to the next level and blow those ridiculous average Click-Through-Rates out of the water!